Friday, April 20, 2012

Finding some focus in the Kaleidoscope

I know I've been remiss in posting to my blog for the past month but with a good excuse. I've been immersed in the world of watercolor painting. I just started my second class session through the local parks and recreation dept. and I've also been exploring the Wetcanvas website for all things artistic. A lot of their forums offer monthly projects in which you can participate and hone your skills.
This month I am participating in a miniatures project which calls for submission of your work  based on a selection of reference photos provided. The choice of medium used (watercolor, oil, acrylic) is left to each artist. Below are my first three attempts all using watercolor pencils and a #1 brush on 140lb cold press paper. Finished sizes are 2.5"x3.5".

They are based on reference photos provided as follows:

1. Red Icelandic Poppy 6 bt Stephie20
2. Old farm gatepost by ICanDoIt
3. Fisgard_Lighthouse by Pippen








The worldwide community I'm finding on this website is truly inspiring. You should visit!

www.wetcanvas.com

No comments:

Post a Comment