Sunday, October 14, 2012

Back to the Future with Louis Armstrong

Hello again,

I've titled this latest post "Back to the Future..." because it marks my return to pursuing a future career in some sort of artistic endeavor. I have just begun the fall session of watercolor classes through our local Parks and Recreation department in Jefferson Parish Louisiana and I am inspired once again!
The following pictures are steps in my painting of of our first class subject - Louis Armstong. My husband, Alvin, thinks I should consider doing a series of well-known local musicians.
Hmmm... might be interesting.

What do you think?


                              
1. Work in progress with copy of painting subject provided in class:


 
 
 
 
2. Closeup of work in progress:
 
 


3. Finished painting matted:





Finished painting with copy of original photo I found online later:







No comments:

Post a Comment